Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Akademiverse Update (8-18-2026)

Akademi High School's Garden
Today, I added a new page to my Akademiverse Neocities site. This page contains information on the fictional towns I've mentioned in the previous chapters of Akademiverse.

So, where is Chapter 9, you may ask? 

I am working on the prewriting outline for Chapter 9, summarizing each scene that I imagined. I usually update Akademiverse twice a year cuz I'm comfortable with the update schedule, and I don't get burned out so easily.

Back in January of this year, I thought of a revision and kinda revised the Prologue chapter, changing the year from 2017 to 2014 in Akademiverse. I also have the other chapters in my folder. I haven't replaced the original Prologue chapter with the revised one on AO3, DeviantArt, etc., yet. 

If I decide to revise the remaining chapters, I may put chapter 9 on hold.

But why would I revise the chapters if I could always rewrite the whole fanfic later, after the original is finished? 

Well, as I've reread each chapter, I now notice the errors in my writing skills, and I want to keep all of the chapters consistent to the best of my writing skills. If I were to revise each chapter, it'd take me longer, and replacing the original chapters with the revised ones on A03, DeviantART, etc would also be very time-consuming. 

So, part of me just wants to keep writing Akademiverse with the flow without revising the chapters, and yes, I could always rewrite everything after, but I ain't getting any younger each year; I am getting older, and my physical and mental health may prevent me from enjoying the things I love. So, currently, I'd rather finish the original chapters of Akademiverse first, and then I'll decide if I'd rewrite the series or not. 

So, I shall go back to prewriting chapter 9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment